CQJP July Block

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

UFOs to FFO's and Another Fabric Card

Although there aren't too many flowers left blooming in the gardens, I did find these:

annabelle hydrangea

garlic chives

golden glow








I had two CQ projects that were UFO's. All the blocks were completed, but they hadn't been put together for the wall hangings I had planned. Well, one was almost together, but then I had to rip it all apart to fix a block which was slightly larger than the others.........and I hadn't noticed the size difference until then. Frustrated, I put it away in the closet, and it sat there waiting and waiting..........
They sat there, one for 3 years, and another for 2. (hangs head in shame)
So, when we finally had some rainy weather, I decided it was time to turn those UFO's into FFO's! (finally finished objects)
Here is my Christmas wall hanging all ready to put up on the wall for this Christmas:

Although I made 12 blocks, I decided to use just 9 of them for the wall hanging.

















Crystal and glass beads create icicle dangles



Sorry this is a little blurred. It's also a little pouffy, too, but this is the one I've put together twice. Will I let the pouffiness bother me? I'm not sure. I may tighten up the blocks a bit with some edge stitching and see if that solves the problem.  sigh
This is my Lace and Roses CQJP project. I do like it.













The newest fabric card is for my granddaughter, Jewel. She turns 5 next month, and she loves the colour blue.
On the right is the card front, with laces, a variety of fabrics and trims, and a blue lace butterfly I dyed.
On the left is the back of the card. It has a mesh pocket over a fun, flowery fabric.


This is the inside of the card. On the right is a layer of turquoise organza over some blue and white fabric. It's a pocket to hold some goodies I'll be sending Jewel.










Here are some of the goodies that will go into the pockets for Jewel, along with hair ribbon and some stickers.

a close-up of the organza flower with a tatted stem and leaves

A box full of new books are headed her way, too.

Some goodies arrived in my mailbox! The silk threads and gimp were a birthday gift from my DH. ;-)


That's all the stitching I have to show this week. Hope your week was a fun and creative one.

Thanks for visiting.
Hugs from Suz

6 comments:

  1. That's all?! 😉 it sure looks like you've been busy to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thanks Diane. I guess I was thinking of all the other UFO's I have waiting in the wings, as well as PIP's (projects in progress) Tell me. If you have a project waiting, but you haven't started it yet, is it a UFO or just a USO (un-started object)?

      Hugs

      Delete
  2. You have been busy, love the stuff for your granddaughter, my Internet has been playing up with all the wet and windy weather we are having. I thought it was warming up but not today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penny. Our weather is cooling down, thankfully. I've had enough of sultry humid and hot days! I hope your weather will soon be more pleasant, and the sun will come out to shine. I've had problems loading photos to blogger, but I hope it's fixed now.

      Hugs

      Delete
  3. Good work on putting the crazies together, Suz. I have some CQ blocks languishing as UFO's as it all looks too hard!, can't believe Jewel is 5 already. She is sure to love her card and goodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope you're right Dianne. I'm happy I took the time to finish the CQ hangings, Maybe next time I'll make a book with my CQ blocks Thanks.

      Hugs

      Delete

I love to read your comments!