I learned about zipper flowers from Cathy, and I wondered how one might look if I added some tatting
I started with some pink perle size 8, but, then I thought that the pink might not show up as well as I'd like against the pink zipper. Lady Shuttlemaker's Rio was perfect.The colors show well against the pink
What do you think?
- this flower is quite pouffy and the long picots hide the zipper
- it might work out better if I used a shorter zipper for this type of flower
- I could use shorter picots, perhaps, so the zipper would be more visible
- tatting on the zipper flower top might be all that's necessary
- a zipper with the metal teeth might show up better against the tatting
It's started. The colors are changing in this potted plant. Cooler nights are here, with cooler days to follow. Autumn is on the way.
Hope you have fun today creating.
Happy September! I hope those of you who've been sweltering in the heat and drought will soon find relief in cooler temperatures, and, hopefully, some rain.
Thanks for visiting.
Hugs from Suz