The first attempt was in a lavender HDT size 50 and a DMC silver thread. I had a big error on the second half of the pattern, as everything was backwards! Acckk! The beads, added after the base is tatted, help to cover up my mistake, thank goodness.
So I had to make another attempt to get the pattern done correctly.
I used a mint green thread, size 30, with a Coats gold metallic thread, and I was pleased with the result. The beads are hematite rounds.
Although this was tatted with a larger thread, the brooch design is smaller than the purple one, so I do need to lighten up when I'm tightening those rings!
And that's all I accomplished last week, given the three days I spent online with technical help trying to resolve our internet difficulties, and hours spent shoveling snow that's fallen in the last 4 days!
We now have internet, but no satellite phone. sigh.
Well, I hope you had a wonderful couple of weeks.
Thanks for visiting.
Hugs from Suz