CQJP July Block

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

March Middlings and Muddlings



 These pelargoniums are doing well on my window ledges, and have burst into flower with the return of the sun.

I have four large pots of these bright pink ones to put outside once spring has arrived and is well underway..........














Here's my completed Wattle HEX from StitchMAP. I chose to stitch an Acacia Purpureapetala which has purple flowers, instead of the usual cream- yellow flowers of the wattle.
This was fun!




Then, a Fun Friday Tute was announced at StitchMAP with a challenge to create a wrist band bracelet following some of Blogland's tutorials. Here's my first one completed with beads, lace, french knots, a pretty button, and a button wrap I stitched with blanket stitches across two threads of #5 perle cotton.
I have three more in the line-up. I think this design could be altered to be a pretty, functional, credit or debit card carrier, perfect for shopping trips when you don't want the bulk of a purse on your arm or shoulder. Just slip the card in and out of the bracelet.

And then, I got a little carried away........



I made another, and pinned  3 more for stitching......

and I thought I had better wrap it all up and get back to my CQJP tree skirt and my wrapping cloth............



but this distraction continued........

with another 3, the first one with a beaded dangle just begun,





the second with ribbon and lace flowers,






the third with a bit of lace....hmmmnn, I wonder what else?





then this one
and a smaller one for a young person........

and then I told myself I had to stop!

I needed to get back to my tree skirt and my wrapping cloth piece #11. I was quite stern with myself, and when I sat down to create that Sunday evening, I slapped my wrist and put away the bracelets.
"You have to tat snowflakes," I told myself. And so I did.


1 lonely little snowflake about the size of a nickel.........

well,......... that's not going to cover much of the tree skirt, is it?

Now, March is almost over, and I haven't made much progress on my CQJP. I've been distracted.
But, now I have to get back to it.......that is if I can keep away from those fabric bracelets!

We have snow, rain, and freezing rain in tomorrow's forecast. Like the pelargoniums, I am awaiting spring.
I did see the chipmunk out under the bird feeder filling his cheeks with seeds, so there's one sign spring is on the way!



Dovey was there, too!
Hope wherever you are, you have sunshine and time to create.

Thanks for visiting.
Hugs from Suz

23 comments:

  1. Looks like you've been having fun! How I miss the little chipmunks that used to visit us at the house. My elderly dad would sit outside and before long he would have them looking in his shirt pockets for the peanuts they knew were there. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that would be so cute to see. I used to feed them, too, but only out of my hand. Have to be careful they don't confuse your thumb with a big nut! lol......

      Hugs

      Delete
  2. Hi there, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chris.I'm so glad you stopped by to visit and liked what you saw. I shall pop over to visit you!

      Hugs

      Delete
  3. so much creativity here, I could also put my OAP bus pass in as well as the credit card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret! I think I'd have to add a little pocket in the bracelet so the cards didn't fall down to the bottom, but the size is just about right.

      Hugs

      Delete
  4. The bracelets are a great idea, I can see why you were distracted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Jane, but it's all for a good cause as the bracelets will be going onto the sale table at the local Embroidery Guild Fiber Arts Show as a fund raiser. I shall be saving my money for the vendor's table!

      Hugs

      Delete
  5. That looks like lots of fun, and a great way to show off your love of lace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A part of me is going to miss all that lacy goodness if the bracelets are sold at the Embroidery Guild table. There's a Fiber Art Event coming up next month. They are fun though, and I think a few of them will be sporting a bit of tatting......... ;-)

      Hugs

      Delete
  6. Hello Suz. Those plants are surely telling you Spring really is nearly with you. Love,love your stitching as always.
    Love linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure hope you're right about spring, Linda! I've been playing and having tons of fun! Hope you're enjoying lots of warmth and sunshine in Spain.

      Hugs

      Delete
  7. You are too funny with your current "obsession" with cuff bracelets. Such fun you are having and I adore your creations. Great idea to include room for a card or mad money and a key. Tiny white tatted snowflake. Not to worry you will stitch your tree skirt. Wishing you Spring Sunshine and Warmth Dear...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherry, just like the fabric boxes, the cuff bracelets are addictive! But so much fun. I'm sure spring will arrive, but I wish it would hurry up a little.......I'm getting a little anxious to work in the gardens and plant my veg and herbs......Hope the rains arrive soon.

      Hugs

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous pelargoniums, Beautiful colour, I hope your spring will be around the corner, Spring has come to the UK with the Daffs and blossom now in flower.
    Lovely bracelets, I am sure you will get back to your tree skirt it will be ready for Christmas.
    Hope the warmth of spring will come soon
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret for your wishes. I've been so looking forward to having a veggie garden again, that I'm itching for spring to be here........any delay just seems too long.. lol.. I'm going to have to get back to tatting snowflakes for my skirt pretty soon, or it will be naked once Christmas rolls around.. lol!... There are just so many fun distractions out there. I'm so glad spring has arrived for you. Bet the daffs are a welcome sight.

      Hugs

      Delete
  9. Wow! I'm exhausted just reading this! You're having too much fun! And clever ideas! Your stitching just amazes me! I'm glad you're enjoying your new place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kathy! I do like to have fun and keep busy. Sometimes though, these distractions are a little too...well...distracting! lol I tend to veer off the path I've set for myself, and that can lead to some enjoyable new discoveries, but then I feel antsy because I'm not where I planned to be with my other projects......This is a neat place to be, though... ;-) Blogland has wonderful ideas that are so freely shared!

      Hugs

      Delete
  10. you never let me down Susan. Every time I come here there are so many beautiful images.
    http://karenannruane.typepad.com/karen_ruane/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, Karen, what lovely things you write! Thank you!

      Hugs

      Delete
  11. Your bracelets for cards is such a clever idea saves scroumnging round in ones purse for the right one. You have been so busy and having so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shirley. Yesterday I pieced 1 bracelet for the credit cards--most of the others are just plain, so I'll see what the group thinks about it. We're told it may warm up to almost normal temperatures this weekend. I can't wait!

      Hugs

      Delete
  12. Poor little cold dove and chipmunk, it is supposed to be spring there. At least the flowers know that even if the weather doesn't.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!