CQJP July Block

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Fabric Doodles

I have been preparing fabrics for some projects.                                     
I have pieced together some rusty bits fabrics with an assortment of fabrics in the same shades, creating a couple of 'crazy squares'.





I've used  dinosaur and leopard designed cottons with a geometric pattern.







Here, white satin has been free-form machine quilted with silver metallic thread onto old flannelette in a pattern which I think is called (and please correct me if I'm mistaken) vermicelli lace, where the stitches are continuous, but never cross over other stitches within a border.  I often used this pattern when I decorated cakes.








Another piece of rusty bits fabric with more free form machine embroidery in brown as well as a multi-coloured thread.
What am I making? Several items, some for gifts and some for swaps. I'll be adding tatting and laces and beads!
I just thought I'd show you what I've been doing lately. I hope you've had some time to create, too.
Thanks for visiting.
Hugs from Suz



.

8 comments:

  1. Suztats,
    In the first square there is a man & a woman's face. In the next square is it an "E" or a "3"? Yes, these are in the rusty material that you made & put with the leopard print. Your creative shines through in this one! Keep up the wonderful job!! I look forward to seeing what you come up with next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, Bsotf! I hadn't noticed that until you pointed it out. It's great having other eyes see what I'm doing: they find things I didn't know were there. Thank you! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suz, this beginning looks so very interesting,-the rusty piece ,with the embroyderi is fabolous,-and the other pieces, too, dear- I will be back, to see , what you have desided,to make with those great "beginnings".
    Hugs, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Dorthe. I've been working on them and should have something to post in a few days. I'm glad you like my beginnings, and I hope the endings please, too! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that rust coloured palette.A birdie told me you won a great prize!!!
    The ilver looks like something Christmassy?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Judy, that rusty palette is neat, isn't it? Gee, that birdie does get around!! Yes, I won a fantastic prize, and I'll blog about it once it arrives.
    The silver looks Christmassy, you say? Well, you're very warm, Judy, on your guess. Do you have an idea what it might be? Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the bits and pieces and checked a previous entry. I've never thought of using cheesecloth on the painted surface to change it-must try that. Thanks for commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Sandy! I'm sure you'll have lots of fun playing with the cheesecloth. I painted over and through it, but it could be adhered to the surface for texture, too. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!