CQJP July Block

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Look Who Dropped By.........

I was puttering in the kitchen, and glanced out the window, and spotted this visitor:

A blue heron was standing on our dock, looking to the water. Was he searching for his supper?
I grabbed the camera and ran down the stairs to the back door, hoping I could get a good shot. I was about 100 feet away.













Blue turned and looked in my direction. He must have spotted my movements through the window, because the next moment












he had spread his wings and taken off!












I hope he comes back to visit us again.
Here's hoping your visitors are a little friendlier.
Thanks for visiting.
Hugs from Suz

4 comments:

  1. Beauty! The first one of these wonderful birds I saw up close was in St. Margaret's Bay, N.S. Very exciting moment!

    I hope your visitor returns soon.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Fox, I hope so, too. I've seen him 'fishing' in the little bay, but it's too far away to get any pics. Read your comment this morning on the Palmetto Leaves, and am still chuckling! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue herons are a joy to watch!You must have wonderful birdlife where you are with the water, trees....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blue herons are very amazing birds to watch. Suztats, I thought you was going to show a picture of a stork. However it's not cold enough for him to deliver yet..LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!