CQJP July Block

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Swaps Arrived!

I found some nice surprizes in my mailbox!
Stephanie and I agreed to swap ATC's, and this is what she sent me:

Lots of goodies: 2 thread samples, an origami inkwell, a lovely card with tatting, a tatted flower, and a paper and fabric ATC! Wow! Thank you so much, Stephanie! I love everything!
































A paper base was hand painted, a copper paper fence was built, and colourful tatted flowers grow on a fiber vine that wraps around the fence posts. Tatted clouds puff in the blue, and a dried flower also grows up the fence. What a pretty garden!

















Perfect picots on petals!


















I sent Stephanie a few surprise goodies, and this:



















I wrote before about Singtatter's swap. My new ATC's arrived today with extra goodies! Although I posted pics of the ATC's she made me, I wanted to show some close-ups of her work. The flowers are so tiny and perfect, and the hand-stitching on the edging is beautiful.  I love that my name is on the flower pot in metallic thread!






















The background for the flying pig is painted on plain calico. Such delicate colours.












As an added surprise, Singtatter included a postcard of a Malay village, and some beautiful cancelled stamps! Thanks so much!










I love all my swap surprises!




Here's hoping your day has some lovely surprises!
Thanks for visiting.
Hugs from Suz

4 comments:

  1. Suztatts,
    It's wonderful to see that you recived such amazing gifts. I know you gave them some too. So all of you are blessed with very nice & wonderful things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's so much fun swapping ATC's and fabric postcards, finding a wonderful surprise in the mailbox. Even though it may be expected, it's still a little thrill to open a package to see what's inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen tatting in such pretty colours - how lovely it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa, and thanks for visiting. There are many artists who create hand-dyed thread in gorgeous colours, and it gives tatters so many options now. It wouldn't be quite as humerous if Singtatter's pink pig was tatted in white. It's nice to have a choice.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!